Self Directed Support Scotland (SDSS) is a membership organisation. The direction of our work is decided by our members and we consult them on everything that we do.
Our member organisations are spread out far and wide over Scotland and each organisation is concerned with supporting individuals to access self-directed support (SDS).
Click below to see our YouTube channel videos on SDSS membership:
SDSS has 2 types of membership: Full and Associate.
Full member organisations are Disabled People’s Organisations that support people to access SDS. These organisations are run (governed) by disabled people, for disabled people.
Associate member organisations support individuals to access SDS. They are not Disabled People’s Organisations but they are not-for-profit.
For more information on membership eligibility criteria go to the Membership eligibility criteria page.
Here is what we offer our member organisations…
– The opportunity to be part of the national network of organisations working on self-directed support
– Access to all SDSS resources, e.g. good practice guides
– Invitations to Members’ Events
– Invitations to training sessions, designed and delivered in response to the needs of the membership
– Bespoke support with capacity building and development
– Regular information and updates on the latest developments within SDS
– Support to liaise with the Local Authority and to influence change within the Scottish Government on SDS issues
All of the membership services that we provide are FREE at the point of delivery. Membership is renewed annually in February.
Want to apply for membership? Download and fill in the membership application form…
- Click here to download the SDSS Membership application form (Word)
- Click here to download the SDSS Membership application form (PDF)