Since April 2012, we have worked on the following strategic objectives:
- Communicate the SDS strategy and information on grass roots movement to SDSS members and emerging groups/organisations which are connected to SDSS.
- Develop a consistent, positive and evidence-based message on how SDS Disabled Peoples led Organisations (DPOs) and their service users, are an asset to the SDS strategy at national and local levels.
- Develop the expertise and resources to sustain this message and be in a position to contribute constructively to local and national SDS development/implementation plans.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy with local authorities so that they engage with SDSS and their local SDS DPOs to develop co-produced SDS local strategies.
- Develop and implement a strategic engagement framework with other SDS national stakeholder (including colleges) organisations to promote the social model of disability, the SDS national strategy and the importance of independent support.