Join our Board of Trustees
Are you an advocate for the Independent Living Movement in Scotland? If you support the philosophy of Independent Living and champion quality social care delivery, then we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for Trustees to join the Self Directed Support Scotland (SDSS) Board and Management Committee. This exciting role presents the opportunity to influence the future work and governance of SDSS.
Trustees are the people in charge of a charity and without them, Self-Directed Support Scotland (SDSS) wouldn’t be able to support our membership in the way that we currently do.
Our Trustees make up our Board, giving up their own time to work together to make important decisions about SDSS. They have a number of roles and responsibilities and must:
- Represent an organisation that is a Full Member of SDSS
- Be aware of equal opportunities issues and adhere to SDSS’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- Understand and work according to the Social Model of Disability
- Understand and support the philosophy of Independent Living
- Have knowledge of the Disabled People’s Movement and disability issues in general
- Be self-motivated, organised, with good time management skills
- Be prepared to work as part of a dedicated team
As a Trustee of SDSS, they’ve agreed to abide by the fundamental values that underpin all the activity of SDSS:
- Integrity and honesty