Potential funding opportunity for members: Wee Grants for Wee Groups.
The Robertson Trust have recently launched a pilot grant ‘Wee Grants for Wee Groups’ which may interest SDSS members. The fund is available to both charities and constituted groups and is for funding of between £500 – £2000. The application process is fairly straightforward they don’t ask for any formal reporting after using the money.
The three main themes for the fund are:
· Care and Wellbeing – Improving the quality of life for those affected by physical and/or mental health issues and their carers
· Strengthening Communities – Increasing the ability and capacity of people and communities to create solutions which address local need
· Realising Potential – Developing confidence and resilience in young people, particularly those who face barriers to success
Given the above themes, there is a lot of scope in terms of the kinds of activities they will be looking to support. They mention that the funding could be used to cover things such as:
· sessional staff costs.
· project costs, for example, activity costs, volunteer expenses, event costs and transport.
· running costs such as rent, heating and lighting.
· small capital refurbishment costs and equipment.
Application stages and timescales.
- Read the online guidance here first.
- Download and complete the short application form.
- Send the form to email@example.com
- There is no specific deadline and decisions should reach you within 8-12 weeks.
If you would like support from SDSS with your application let us know!