Access to Employment and the use of SDS
SDS – Access to Employment Learning Event
The Scottish Union of Supported Employment (SUSE) undertook a survey into Employment and Self Directed Support late last year. Following on from this, and the 3 year project they have been running called ‘Access to Employment’ SUSE are now holding a discussion event to further look at employment and SDS.
Who: This learning event is aimed at Self Directed Support Scotland (SDSS) members as well as any other interested parties. It will be an informal meeting where participants will be encouraged to share their views through discussion.
Information about the project :
- This is a further follow up from the survey and individual interviews
- Jeane McMillan will attempt to discover why people are not using SDS to pursue their employment goals. In order to present comprehensive findings for this pilot project, SUSE is gathering case studies from clients who have benefited from the project as well as conducting research with Local Authorities and support Agencies.
On the day we are looking to investigate these area:
- Do people receiving SDS want to gain employment or access volunteering opportunities?
- Does the issue of employment or volunteering come up in discussions people are having at the time of their Assessment or when putting together a Care Plan?
- Do agencies feel equipped/resourced to support people to pursue employment of volunteering opportunities?
- Do agencies know who locally can provide support for people to access employment or volunteering opportunities and who they could they could refer people to?
- Are Local Authorities encouraging people to use their SDS budgets for employment and volunteering?
- Are there any examples of people trying employability activities in your area?
The event will be held on:
When: Wednesday 31st January – 10.30am to 1.30pm (registration from 10am)
Where: Scottish Youth Theatre, 105 Brunswick Street, Glasgow, G1 1TF
The venue is located in the City Centre and within easy reach of the bus station and train stations.
For directions, visit http://scottishyouththeatre.org/venue-hire/venue-hires-at-scottish-youth-theatre
Refreshments and lunch included. Please get in touch if you have any specific dietary requirements.
Travel expenses for SDSS members will be reimbursed. Please bring receipts with you if you can on the day.
The venue is fully accessible. However, if you need any further support to attend the event, or on the day itself, please get in touch with Jess Wade at SDSS.
Contact Jess Wade to book your place now:
Phone: 0131 475 2622 Email: email@example.com