Free online health and social care courses launched
SDSS member the Ayrshire Independent Living Network (AILN) have launched a series of new online distance learning courses covering a range of health and social care topics.
The courses are free to anyone who fits the following criteria:
- Aged 16+ as of 31 August 2022
- Lived in the EU for 3+ years
- Not in full time education
- Not currently enrolled on any equivalent courses
- Not completed the same course previously.
These courses are all delivered via distance learning, to fit around people’s schedules, allowing people to study at a time that suits them. Learners can do up to seven courses per year, as long as they are completed one at a time.
There are 27 courses on offer, covering topics including:
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care (8-12 weeks)
- Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity (8-12 weeks)
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism (20 weeks)
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care (8-12 weeks)
The courses have been developed by AILN in in partnership with The Skills Network and are being provided thanks to the Scottish Funding Council and in partnership with West College Scotland and North East Scotland College.
You can access the free courses at the learning microsite: https://ailn.theskillsnetwork.com/