Your views on self-employed PAs
Earlier this year, we asked our members and their networks to share their experiences as self-employed Personal Assistants (PAs) or those who contract them or work alongside them.
The survey was completed by 39 respondents including PA employers, self-employed PAs, self-employed contractors, other support workers and other key stakeholders (independent support and local authority staff for example).
We’ve now produced a report outlining the key themes and comments from the survey results.
The report is broken down into different sections:
- Self-employed PAs
- Contracting with a self-employed Personal Assistant
- Additional charges
- Difficulties being accepted as a self-employed PA
- Support for Personal Assistants
- Local Authorities and self-employed PAs
- Issues to explore / food for thought
We hope the results can help inform the conversations taking place within the social care sector, including the Personal Assistant Programme Board and National Care Service consultation.