2019: a year in numbers.
As the year comes to a close we have taken a closer look at website activity to highlight the key searches, trends and breaking news in SDS from 2019!
Online form data.
It is now a year since our new website went live, a big part of the new site being the ´Find Help´function, which allows those looking for support with SDS or to access social care the opportunity to find their local SDSS member, key Local Authority contacts, and other sources of support when it comes to their SDS journey.
Most frequently referred to SDSS members:
When website visitors complete a search in the ‘Find help’ form they are signposted to a list of suitable organisations. Below are the five most frequently referred to organisations from December 2018-19:
(2) Community Contacts Highland
(3) Glasgow Centre for Inclusive Living
(4) North Lanarkshire Disability Forum
(5) Ayrshire Independent Living Network
Support type requested (ranked):
The first question the ‘Find help’ form asks the user is what type of support they are looking for, we have ranked these from most frequent forms of support requested to least frequent as follows:
(1) Help to get started with SDS
(2) Using social care (e.g support planning, finding services)
(3) Employing a Personal Assistant
(4) Finding their local social work department
(5) Resolving an issue
We look forward to continuing to develop and improve this service in 2020!
Top five Articles and pages.
We have round up our most read articles and pages from 2019 below which we think does a good job of summarising key developments from 2019!
(1) In April the Scottish Government announced that free personal care was now available for everyone in Scotland, this was our most read article/page from December 2018 to December 2019! Read the article here.
(2) Coming in at second place is the My Support, My Choice project page! This year the My Support, My Choice research project survey was launched. So far we have heard from 550 people from across Scotland and there is still time to hear from more! (Closing 14th February 2020):
(4) In fourth place is an interesting case from England around Self-employed Personal Assistants, find out more here.
(5) Last but not least coming in at fifth place is our article around the launch of the new programme for Adult Social Care Reform.