Children, Young People, GIRFEC and Self Directed Support
Join us to learn about Self-directed Support and when this becomes relevant for a child or young person with additional support for learning needs.
We will explore key areas such as:
- Eligibility and access to SDS
- How SDS relates to GIRFEC
- A Child’s Plan and SDS
- How choice, control and flexibility are supported for children and young people
- Access to Independent SDS Information, Support and Advocacy
- Carers and parents rights and needs and SDS
We will explore key times in a child’s life, such as changing school, moving to adult services and changes in the level and type of support needed. We will look at how educational and social care legislation connect, as well as considering the rights and needs of carers and parents during this time.
If you’re interested in this training and the date isn’t suitable, please contact Mark@sdsscotland.org.uk to explore other options.