Equality Advisory Support Service: identifying and tackling discrimination
An online Workshop on Equalities and Discrimination
The Equality Advisory Support Service (EASS) run a Helpline which advises and assists individuals on issues relating to equality and human rights, across England, Scotland and Wales.
This workshop is open to SDS Scotland members, as well as having some limited tickets for people using Self-directed Support and carers.
The workshop will explore:
- The type of issues that EASS supports people with
- How EASS supports people in practice
- What constitutes discrimination and unfair treatment, especially in relation to access to services
- How people can identify potential equality and discrimination
- How can people respond to potential issues raised by people they support
Through the use of example case studies, you will be able to explore how people can be supported to address equality and discrimination issues they face.
Please book your free place on Eventbrite here:
If you have any questions about the workshop, please get in touch with:
Membership Development Executive
Tel: 07949 143433