PA Employer and PA Handbook: making use of the new resource in the Highlands
Free information sessions for people in the Highland area
SDS Scotland have worked in partnership with our member organisations and PA Employers and Personal Assistants from across Scotland, to develop this online resource. If you are thinking about employing a PA, or working in social care as a PA, this is the resource for you. If you’re a Social Worker discussing Option 1 of SDS with people, this is the resource to look at.
Find the online resource here: https://handbook.scot/
- There’s a wealth of information to support both employers and PAs covering topics such as:
- What is Self-Directed Support?
- Advertising and recruiting for Personal Assistants
- Training and support for PAs and PA Employers
- The flexible use of an SDS budget
- The employment of family members
- Self-employed PAs
- Accessing SDS when you already have a Child’s Plan
- Where to go for additional information and support
If you’d like to learn more about the Personal Assistant and PA Employer Handbooks, come along to one of our free online information sessions.
Events are being held online on the following dates:
- Wednesday 8th March: 1pm – 2pm
- Thursday 9th March: 11am – 12noon
- Tuesday 14th March: 1pm – 2pm
- Thursday 16th March 2pm – 3pm
Please sign up for one of these dates at Eventbrite here:
If you have any questions or would like to arrange an information session, for your school, parents group, or staff team, please get in touch with:
Mark Han-Johnston (Self Directed Support Scotland)
Tel: 07949 143433