Participation Requests and Self-directed Support
Participation Requests are a formal way for community groups and ‘communities of interest’ to address local issues with public bodies.
The Community Empowerment Act provides an opportunity for community groups, organisations and ‘communities of interest’ to request the start of a formal process to look at a local issue of concern. This could relate to any aspect of the implementation of Self Directed Support in your area.
This event will enable you to understand:
- What a Participation Request is
- Who is eligible to make such a Request
- How to make such a Request
- How to identify Outcomes that you would like to achieve
- What timescales are involved in the process
- How to maximise the potential that a Participation request can offer
- What other resources and support is available to you
If you’re interested in this training and the date isn’t suitable, please contact Mark@sdsscotland.org.uk to explore other options.