Thank you for Renewing Membership for 2020 – 2021
Renewal Highlights Members On-going Needs:
Thank you to all the organisations that renewed their membership with SDSS for another year. Your membership packs will be with you shortly. You told us lots of things about your activity, the challenges you face and the areas you would like support with. These include:
- Developing relationships with Local Authorities and to be seen as valued partners to improving local SDS implementation
- Inconsistent practise across local and national areas
- On-going, sustainable Funding
- Organisational development (Funding, capacity, sustainability, membership)
- Resistance to Independent SDS Support
- To be able to campaign effectively for change
- Training for Social Work Staff
Many of the challenges you highlight relate to Local Authority knowledge, practise and implementation of SDS Legislation and Guidance, as well as the opportunity for you to influence local development. In some places. Independent SDS Support is welcomed and recognised for it’s importance. In other areas this is not the case.
You’d also like support for Local Authorities to change practise. We’d like to discuss how we can do this together taking into consideration local factors.
We will be putting together a programme of support, including information, training and resource development, based on your feedback to us. Let us know if you need any specific support and we can discuss this further.
Contact Mark Han-Johnston at: email@example.com